Lion's gaze

Lion's gaze

Monday, August 14, 2017



Little part, big start

Lion's Eye
(written to my wife for Christmas 2012 - she had to guess what it was.
It was a stainless drain for a stainless steel sink for our apt)



I'm just one part of a greater whole,
but fall in me and down you'll go!
So if you guess my vital part,
the rest of me will be your start!

You've waited long to hear me play,
the music of your day to day,
that tinkling chime of living sound
as everything goes round and round.

We're not as pretty as your rose,
for of our presence no one knows,
and we were purchased in the dark,
and hidden away right from the start!

We're shiny as a mirror bright,
all polished up and bouncing light,
but later no one looks at us,
all piled upon with food and crusts,

Reflecting dishes, pots and pans,
and all wiped down with soapy hands,
we'll do our job so faithfully,
and bring real cleansing then to thee.



__________________________________________________
© COPYRIGHT 2017 - All rights reserved by the publisher/owner of "The Lion's Eye" blog




No comments:

Post a Comment